Thursday, November 5, 2009

Hot Sunshine Song by Holly Day

P1160940

I tried to open my heart to you

felt the petals stick as they struggled

like the warped bud of a sick tulip—fungal

at the root, I tried

to love you but I didn’t know how.

You tried to help me, I think

armed with harpoons and bone snares that

meant love, but only the jagged edges

registered anything with me.

I forget the good things I know were there.

We could have been good together

if the right pieces had met at the right time,

instead of crashing like icebergs, breaking into cold snow

we might have been perfect if we’d tried

a few years later.


Symphonies - Dan Black


Holly Day is a travel writing instructor living in Minneapolis, Minnesota, with her husband and two children. Her newest book is Walking Twin Cities.

Photograph by Adam Lawrence.

Street art by AM?

Dan Black may have a common name but his taste in music are very complex. From covering Notorious BIG and Rihanna to recording a beautiful debut album, that will be released this February, Dan Black is a name everyone so know.

No comments:

Post a Comment