Saturday, October 27, 2012

Taking A Personal Day by Joseph Goosey


P1240755

Downtown on Monday I walked into Scottie’s corner market
and there was a woman with her overweight son
who couldn’t have been more than five years old
and the couldn’t have been more than five years old overweight son was in charge
of all the carrying
of all the luggage and they were probably on their way to a nearby rooming house
and yes those still exist
and yes I would live inside of one
if it wasn’t for the fact that I have living relatives
who keep insisting I rent places that are way out of my price range
due to safety concerns when all I want is a chair and electricity
and the couldn’t have been more than five years old 

overweight son asked
How much change did you get back
And I thought he’s way to young to think about finance you bitch
maybe he’ll be the new Frida Kahlo




Joseph Goosey lives in Southern Pines, North Carolina where he reads court records to make money. Words he's put together have shown up in a number of publications and trash cans. 

This Zine Will Change Your Life previously published A Fine Year by Joseph Goosey. Check it out.  

Street Art by Issa Ibrahim.
Photo by Adam Lawrence.

Cemeteries is the work of Buffalo musician Kyle Reigle who just released his debut album of dream pop songs, The Wilderness, via Lefse Records on October 23rd.

No comments:

Post a Comment