Friday, April 12, 2013

Each Morning by Robert Balun


P1250482

with the moon exploding
the sky is cut
in swathes of orange and gray
our satellite broken loose
from the moorings that hold it around the sky
I go catch pieces of my favorite phases
to try and put my histories back in place
I get this new identity
but would prefer a regeneration
or you to crack me open
and get at the meaty center
there find tumbleweed visions of the plains
memories from the kingdom of wind
here I meander a wandering
prayer to the atmosphere
we used to call heaven
the star we came from
our orbital junk
and watch the slow waves
coming in with the last of the gravity




Robert Balun is an MFA candidate at The City College of New York. His poems have appeared (or will soon) in Word Riot, the Cobalt Review, Keep This Bag Away From Children, Vector Press, and several others. He is one of the founders/curators of the Bushwick Sweethearts reading and art series.

Street photography by Adam Lawrence.

NYC-based Guards are one of the hottest bands to come out of SXSW this year. "Ready To Go" comes from their new album In Guards We Trust (Black Bell Records). 

No comments:

Post a Comment