Thursday, April 22, 2010

big night in small room without stars by Peycho Kanev

P1180392

tell me are you crazy, she said
tell me, are you crazy or what, you just can’t act like
this,
you just can’t drink each night and scream at the people
on the streets and the cops,
oh my God, how can you talk this way to the cops?
are you crazy, she said.

why are you grinning like an idiot?
you need some help. you need some help.
why are you grinning like that at me?

ok, you bastard, I am going home
what about that? A? you will miss that ass,
I’m telling you.

when she closed the door I picked all the empty bottles
from the floor and smash them in the wall, one after another
bringing the only sound in my life
and later the cops came by my door demanding to know
what was that noise
and I told them:

there are dead people on the streets and gladiolas and elephants and
belly dancers and bugs with fluffy wings
but there is only one cure for pain.




Peycho Kanev’s work has been published in Welter, The Catalonian Review, The Arava Review,
Nerve Cowboy, Chiron Review, Tonopah Review, Mad Swirl, In Posse Review, Southern Ocean Review, The Houston Literary Review and many others. He is nominated for Pushcart Award and lives in Chicago. His new collaborative collection "r", containing poetry by him and Felino Soriano, as well as photography from Duane Locke and Edward Wells II is now available at Amazon.

Photo by Adam Lawrence.

Street art by LBS?

Nirvana by Kurt Cobain is from Drew Danburry's new album new album "Goodnight Dannii" which will be released for free on his website on April 26th.

No comments:

Post a Comment