Saturday, January 28, 2012

A LITTLE BIPOLAR by Luis Cuauhtemoc Berriozabal


P1220389

I started writing on my forehead, yo. That’s why I’m in here. Yeah, I’m a little Bipolar, but less than 50%. Why did I write on my forehead, yo? I don’t know. I was bored and I was fucking hungry. The last place I was at fed me dry rice and cold fish. I like fish, but not cold. So I looked in the mirror to make sure I did not spell anything wrong. I just wrote, 666, yo, because I am a little devil when I am bored and hungry. Yeah, yo, could you call my mom to pick me up. The doctor does not think I should go home. I had issues with my mom before. But, yo, I promise I’ll be good. I won’t back talk her anymore or threaten to kill her dog. I was on the wrong meds at the time and her dog was talking some nasty things to me. Yo, I want to go back to work selling peanuts at the ballpark. Yeah, yo, my boss knows I am a little Bipolar. He lets me work as long as I take my meds. He has a son like me, so he knows, yo, what I am going through. I’m ready to leave. I am rehabilitated, yo. I want to see my girlfriend. I want to take
flowers to her grave.

 
Night Genes - Cyber Me by FlatRat


Luis Cuauhtemoc Berriozabal lives in Los Angeles County and works in the mental health field. His prose and poetry have appeared in Full Of Crow, In Between Altered States and This Zine Will Change Your Life. His latest book  Peering into the Sun is out from Poet's Democracy.

This Zine Will Change Your Life previously published A Prayer for My Tongue by Luis Cuauhtemoc Berriozabal. Check it out. 

Street artist unknown.
Photo by Adam Lawrence.

Night Genes is a San Francisco based trio driven by the rich baritone of Eric Ingersoll. "Cyber Me" is the first single from their forthcoming album Like The Blood.  

1 comment: