Thursday, January 6, 2011

A Prayer for My Tongue by Luis Cuauhtemoc Berriozabal

P1200738

My tongue flew away
from my mouth
It landed on the roof
shouting out my name.
My lips prayed
for its safety.
I saw my tongue
saved by birds
before it fell
to its demise.




Luis Cuauhtemoc Berriozabal was born in Cuernavaca, Morelos, Mexico. He works in the mental health field in Los Angeles, California. His poems in English and Spanish have appeared in print and online poetry journals. His poetry book, Raw Materials, was published by Pygmy Forest Press. His chapbooks have been published Dead Beat Press, Kendra Steiner Editions, and New Polish Beat. His chapbook, Digging A Grave, was just published by Kendra Steiner Editions in December 2010.

This Zine Will Change Your Life previously published The End of the World by Luis Cuauhtemoc Berriozabal. Check it out.

Photo by Adam Lawrence.
Street art by You Would defacing a painted mural-ad for the film "Burlesque."

Is there a better way to kick off the new year than with a Hall & Oates cover? For more on The Bird & The Bee visit their website here.


No comments:

Post a Comment