Thursday, January 2, 2014

Chicken Little by J. Bradley




My hands want to tip
the half drunk beer bottle
on the table, let the flood
pause our conversation.

Every vacant highball glass
is a postcard from home:
dear you, you are not what
you think you deserve.

Dear me, I shed ruin like skin.
My name is a bear trap;
you can still see my teeth
in her ankle.

I fight to remind my hands
there is no need for arks.




J. Bradley is the author of the forthcoming graphic poetry collection The Bones of Us (YesYes Books, 2014). 

This Zine Will Change Your Life previously published Two Poems by J. Bradley. Check it out. 

Street art by the DEPT OF WELL BEING.
Photo by Adam Lawrence.

Nashville's Stone Jack Jones is releasing his third studio album, Ancestor, in March 2014. Growing up the son of a coal miner, Jones has a few meditative tales to tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment